Coordinated and stylish face coverings are still of value now as we move out of lockdown safely together. Get your own shibori cotton face masks, made by hand with comfort and style in mind.
This facemask is made from shibori dyed Egyptian cotton, dyed using the traditional Komasu technique (small squares) in a sea green colour. The inner layer of fabric is plain white Egyptian cotton. The ties are made from upcycled polyester woven tape. The masks are pleated to allow them to conform to the contours of your face, and the high threadcount cotton helps to prevent your coughs, sneezes and other face breezes from going too far.
They offer the following features and benefits:
• Tie behind the head for greater comfort than over the ear style facemasks
• Wide tape ties will not cut into your face
• Pleated construction for fit
• Double layer of high threadcount fabric for better functionality and durability
• Long staple Egyptian cotton is smooth, crisp and cool against skin
• All materials fully laundered before use for hygiene and to avoid shrinkage
• Handmade and unique
• Colourful shibori cotton is dyed by me using Procion MX dyes that don’t bleed, crock or fade
• Double topstitched for better appearance and durability
• No latex to avoid irritation or perishing
• Upcycled ties help conserve resources needed for producing PPE globally
Please remember that fabric facemasks are not a replacement for clinical masks which
should be reserved for those in clinical settings and front line workers at high risk. Please follow guidelines for safe mask use. Always avoid touching your mask at the front, if you need to adjust it use the edges. When you remove your mask put it into a sealed bag and launder it after each wearing. A mask can only protect people if you wear it properly. Check your local guidelines on face coverings to learn more.