A Carpet/Gladstone handbag handcrafted in a beautiful vintage Welsh tweed.
The tweed is 100% pure wool and in a pretty purple striped pattern which matches many colours. The carpet handbag is lined with a lovely shade of teal blue European linen which is also used to make the slightly padded handles. The bag has a strong, rigid 10 inch tubular frame which clicks shut, and a twist and lock clasp for extra security and a lovely finish.
This messenger bag is the perfect size for everyday use, but its size and pockets also make it an ideal work bag or a small overnight bag.
- A large external front pocket secured with a magnetic snap
- A large internal pocket secured with a magnetic snap closure
- A small internal tweed mobile phone pocket
- Original Trefriw Woollen Mill label
🌿 I design and handcraft bags, accessories and stationery in my studio in a beautiful corner of west Wales. The vintage tweed is 100% wool, and was designed and woven at Trefriw Woollen Mill, north Wales; the mill is still in operation today.
- Outer: Vintage Welsh 100% wool tweed; handles: European linen padded with hand spun yarn.
- Lining: 100% Linen, Vintage Welsh Tweed pocket, Magnetic snap closure, original Trefriw Woollen Mill label, Mopani Beans label.
- Magnetic snap closures: Metal alloy.
- Twist and lock clasp: Metal alloy.
- All interfacings and thread are made from cotton.
- 🌿Approximate dimensions:
Height: 22 cm / 8 inches
- Width at widest point: 27 cm / 11 inches
- Depth at base: 15 cm / 6 inches
- Handle drop to top of bag: 16 cm / 6 1/2 inches
Spot clean only, do not rub fabric.
🌿Postage and packing:
Royal Mail First Class tracked delivery included in the price. I only use recycled/recyclable packaging. Your item will be wrapped in tissue paper and sent in a sturdy postal cardboard box.